Contemporary Marbella homes
It is not exaggerated to say that Marbella is very much in vogue; indeed, both the tourist and property markets in Europe’s sunniest lifestyle destination are vibrant, and most dynamic of all is the luxury segment.
The demand for Marbella real estate and the accompanying lifestyle is therefore strong, be it in the form of villas, apartments or penthouses in beachfront, golf, country club or other exclusive residential settings. While existing properties are also highly popular the main focus of demand right now is for newly built villas and apartments in Marbella’s most appealing areas such as the Golden Mile, Sierra Blanca, Nueva Andalucia and in La Zagaleta.
The design trend is definitely modern, and such properties, featuring contemporary architectural styling combined with open-plan interiors, panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows and the latest modern luxuries are exactly what today’s buyers are looking for. In fact, though there are some very exciting new developments of luxury villas and apartments in Marbella, as well as redevelopments of existing homes in top locations, there simply is a shortage of suitable property at the present moment.
“There are a lot of great properties in spectacular settings that are ideal for refurbishment, but many of our clients are looking for a modern, new-build home that is not only visually attractive and contains the latest comforts and amenities, but is also practical, built to today’s standards and fitted with the last word in home-related technology,” says Mary Dunne, founder and director of MP Dunne-Hamptons International.
In fact, the wish list of today’s homebuyers in the €1.2 to €2 million villa segment looks pretty much like this:
- Attractive modern architectural styling inside and out
- Typically a 4-bedroom home with private parking, swimming pool and landscaped garden
- Modern kitchen in an open-plan living area with tall ceilings and floor to ceiling windows that let in natural light and views
- Large terraces that create sophisticated outdoor living spaces
- Stylish bedroom suites with modern bathrooms and dressing areas
- Solid construction using the latest techniques and quality materials
- Energy efficient homes that are easy, economical and environment-friendly in their maintenance
- Advanced home automation systems for security, entertainment, ambient lighting and climate control
Naturally such a home will command a premium in the most sought after of addresses, but the exclusive modern homes being built in other parts of Marbella are creating trendy, up-and-coming new residential zones such as La Quinta, in Benahavis and Estepona, where these stunning architectural villas are being snapped up off-plan. Situated in the attractive area of El Paraíso, they make great investment sense as at €1.2 million these top range 4-bedroom homes can only go up in value.
Modern, newly built Marbella villas represent excellent value throughout, combining great future price growth with lower maintenance costs. Add a series of top locations and you can see just why contemporary Marbella homes are so sought after.